Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thoughts.

Do you think 21 is a young age to be getting married at? I will be just barely that age when I get married and my fiance will still be 5 months away from being 21. How young is "too" young to be getting married at? Is there even an age at which people should NOT get married at because they are too young? I'd probably say a teenager but then again, I know several couples who have been married since they were 18/19 and are still going strong. To be honest, I'm a little worried I'll be looked down upon for getting married so young, as if people will think "you don't know what you're getting yourself into." Not to mention the fact that my fiance and I have only been together for one year, seven months. Are we rushing??

Quite frankly, I don't think I'm rushing into anything. Although my fiance and I have not been together for even two years, I still feel as though my heart could belong to no one other than him; I truly believe that he is my soul mate. If I know this young (19 years old) that the man I've been with for over a year can calm any of my fears, wipe away any of my fallen tears, can cure any broken heartedness of mine, and make me feel like the luckiest and happiest girl on the plante, then why wait to get married? Why not start our beautiful life together as soon as we can and prove to the world that we don't have to be older or even out of college to have a wonderful life together?? That's exactly what we're going to do; get married young and love life to the fullest!

My fiance will be out of school before me (5 months before we get married, actually) and will be able to get a stable job to help support our future lives together. I'll be in school for about 2 more years and I know it's going to be hard to deal with the stress of school and living on our own. So what? So what if I want to live with my young and handsome hubby and do whatever young and fun activities young married couples do? So what if I want to make a huge commitment at the age of 21, knowing that our marriage is going to last a lifetime? I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my young and ruthless years with anybody but him.

I know we'll have our troubles. I know we'll have our fights. I know we'll run out of money. I know we won't always get what we want. That's the beauty of marriage; getting through it all and still being together and happy of the fact. I'll tell you the truth, I'm scared of what life will throw at us. All the while, though, I'm thrilled as ever. So here's to us and a special friend (who's also getting married relatively young): Let our new lives with our hubbies be filled with blessings, exciting times, trials that we can overcome, and an extreme abundance of happiness. Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment