Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 November 2010

Today is the last day of November. That means tomorrow will be December and 25 days closer to Christmas. I'm thrilled!

I've discovered that I'm a pretty bad blogger. Not only do I hardly say much on my posts, but I rarely post much of anything when I actually decide to make an update. Maybe it's because the one blog I read on a regular basis has a small little blurb of updates with more pictures than words. Sometimes, I think photos speak loader than words. I guess that's why I choose pictures over words sometimes. But not today.

I've been reading this book called "Offbeat Bride" and it talks about all kinds of alternative ideas for brides who want to walk the path-not-many-people-take when they're walking down the isle to their future hubby. Although some of the ideas aren't exactly my kind of twist (like wearing a dramatic costume-like gown for the wedding dress), it's refreshing to get new ideas. Plus, I've found that my small areas of free time are great for reading!

Naturally, though, I think I might go for the "traditional" kind of wedding; only men as groomsmen and vise versa, the long white wedding gown (still pondering this, though) and heels for all the girls instead of flats or other various shoes. I might, however, have colored shoes instead of white heels. I'm going for a vintage feel for the wedding and I think it would be neat to have a greenish-blue colored shoe/heel. I haven't figured all those details out, though...

I also have no idea who I want to be in my wedding. I know for a fact who my Maid of Honor is going to be (my best friend whom everyone thinks is my sister, since we look so much alike) but concerning the rest of the girls, I'm clueless. The book talked about choosing people who really mean a lot to you and vise versa. At first, I thought of all these girls whom I wanted to be the bridesmaids but then I thought "Well, what is the most important reason as to why I want them in the wedding?" The book said that when you're asking the girls to be a part of the wedding, you should come up with a reason why. Well, I'm kind of stumped. I haven't had a lot of super duper close girlfriends over the years and the two that I can think of is my Maid of Honor and one other girl who, unfortunately, lives in Germany. I do have two others, though, that live out of state whom I've been friends with since 2nd grade but because of the distance, it's hard to know if they are really going to be committed. Plus, we've changed so much over the years of being apart and I'm really nervous of asking them. This is going to be a challenge. :/

Besides the challenge of not knowing who I want to be in the wedding (for my side, that is---my fiance already has about 4 guys picked out. Lucky him.) I have to figure out where to have the wedding. I know, I know, I have about a year and a half to get everything situated but the venue must be decided on very soon. Next spring my fiance and I will be scouting out places to hold the reception and I'm excited, but nervous---I want the place to reflect who my fiance and I are as individuals, as well as a couple. Not to mention, I want it to fit perfectly with the vintage-style theme. Plus I want all the table settings and decorations to coordinate with the venue. Geez, I've got a lot of planning to do!

This winter break will be a great time to start planning with my future hubby. We are going on a train/bus trip up to Colorado to visit my best friend and future Maid of Honor. We'll have plenty of time to look at online decorations, Set-the-Date card ideas, and venues around town to fill up the travel time. Like I said, I'm excited :D

Enjoy this very long post and soon I'll be putting up ideas for my wedding and maybe even share with you my wedding website!

Ta ta for now!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment